Amy Mazer, LCSW-C
I am a licensed clinical social worker and have been practicing since 1981. I received my undergraduate degree from American University, with a major in Psychology and Sociology, and received my MSW from the University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning. Once certified, I began my career providing therapy to adolescents, adults, couples and families. I entered private practice in 1984 and opened my own practice in 1992.
About My Practice
I opened my own private practice in Baltimore, Maryland in 1992. I offered individual, family and group counseling to adolescents and adults until 2001 when I began to shift my focus to marriage, family and divorce‐oriented therapies. Whether the goal is to repair and strengthen a relationship or restructure it, my aim is always to preserve family relationships and protect children from conflict.
In addition to being a licensed clinical social worker and therapist, I am a certified Mediator, Collaborative Divorce Coach and Parent Coordinator. I continue to work with individuals and couples providing counseling, mediation, divorce counseling and co‐parenting counseling.
I also work with families to repair parent-child relationships when, due to separation or divorce, the bond has been strained to the breaking point.
I am committed to helping families maintain positive relationships, share in children’s milestones from childhood through adulthood, and protect children of all ages from parental conflict. I believe that helping individuals learn how to communicate constructively and respectfully is critical to long‐term relationship success and I work hard to teach and build these skills with my clients.
After working out of an office in Baltimore County for many years, I transitioned to a fully virtual practice in 2020. It is effective and easy for clients to access teletherapy services from the comfort of their homes and/or offices. Learn more >
I have been happily married for more than four decades. I have two grown children and four grandchildren. I enjoy traveling, cooking, and staying active through barre, pickleball, biking, walking, knitting and yoga.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology and Sociology, American University
- Master of Social Work, concentration in clinical social work, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate of Social Administration, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate in Divorce Mediation, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate in Collaborative Divorce / Interdisciplinary Team Training, (Roanoke, VA), CDTT
- Certificate in Parent Coordination, (Chicago, IL), Association of Family Conciliation Courts
Leadership & Affiliations
- President of MCPC Maryland Collaborative Practice Counsel, 2015-2016
- President, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore, 2013
- Co-Founder, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore, 2012-2013
- Member, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Board Certified Diplomate (BCD), the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Member, the International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Past President and Board Member, Howard County Collaborative Practice Group, 2009-2012
- Member, Howard County Collaborative Professional Practice Group
- Board Member, Collaborative Project of Maryland, 2016-2020
Get in Touch
To learn more about my services, or to schedule an appointment, please call 410-960-2526 or email me at [email protected].