Amy Mazer, LCSW-C
I am a licensed clinical social worker and have been practicing since 1981. I received my undergraduate degree from American University, with a major in Psychology and Sociology, and received my MSW from the University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning. Once certified, I began my career by counseling families. Soon after I entered private practice, working at Glass Health Systems.
About My Practice
In 1992, I opened my own private practice in Baltimore, Maryland. I offered individual, family and group counseling to adolescents and adults until 2001 when I began to shift my focus to marriage, family and divorce‐oriented therapies.
In addition to being a licensed clinical social worker and therapist, I am a certified Mediator, Collaborative Divorce Coach and Parent Coordinator. I now focus exclusively on couples therapy and mediation, divorce counseling and co‐parenting counseling.
I am committed to helping families maintain positive relationships, share in children’s milestones from childhood through adulthood, and protect children of all ages from parental conflict. I believe that helping individuals learn how to communicate constructively and respectfully is critical to long‐term relationship success and I work hard to teach and build these skills with my clients.
For couples who may experience higher levels of conflict, I can also offer a paired approach to divorce mediation and coaching through a strategic partnership with Scott Holzman, PhD. For more information, please visit our website at Family Divorce Resource.
Having been born and raised in Baltimore, I have established offices in both Baltimore County and Howard County.
I have been happily married for more than 3 decades. I have two grown children and enjoy traveling, cooking, knitting and yoga.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Psychology and Sociology, American University
- Master of Social Work, concentration in clinical social work, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate of Social Administration, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate in Divorce Mediation, University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning
- Certificate in Collaborative Divorce / Interdisciplinary Team Training, (Roanoke, VA), CDTT
- Certificate in Parent Coordination, (Chicago, IL), Association of Family Conciliation Courts
Leadership & Affiliations
- President of MCPC Maryland Collaborative Practice Counsel, 2015-2016
- President, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore, 2013
- Co-Founder, Collaborative Professionals of Baltimore, 2012-2013
- Member, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Board Certified Diplomate (BCD), the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Member, the International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Past President and Board Member, Howard County Collaborative Practice Group, 2009-2012
- Member, Howard County Collaborative Professional Practice Group
- Member, Association for the Society of Reproductive Medicine
Get in Touch
To learn more about my services, or to schedule an appointment, please call 410-960-2526 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.